Friday 20 April 2012

Radio London Interview about Mudlarking on the Thames

Never in a million years would I have imagined I’d be on the radio. When I’d written a fair bit on my blog & got it looking how I wanted it, I decided to make an effort to put it out there. One of the things I did was email Robert Elms on BBC Radio London, as he’s such an enthusiast about all things London and I thought it might be just up his street. I guess at the back of my mind I thought he might invite me onto his show and sure enough got a call and was interviewed live yesterday -  it would have been so easy to say… no I don’t think I can do this, but I thought what the hell, I won’t think about this too much and  just do it.

If you are interested in listening to the interview, you can get the link here Radio London Interview. The interview  lasts 10 mins, I was on @ 1:40pm. 

So there it is –  I was surprised how 'London' I sounded, my 15 year old is always ribbing me for how 'posh' I sound - when I mentioned this to him last night, of course he attributed any 'London' in my accent to his influence!  Thank you Graham for making me feel so welcome, at ease  and nice words afterwards. For me,  the moral of this story and all the lovely feedback people have given me about my blog is that you can do some pretty fab things, with not too much effort and why not just go for it.

Enough of all this self publicity- time to put a bit more content on the  blog – or perhaps even better get down and mudlark!

No comments:

Post a Comment